And now, my friends, it is time for you to start crafting!
I will send out an email with full details for you but here is some information to get you going:
Now that you have purchased your "kit", you will have to set about making twelve identical little Halloween charms. You can visit my flickr page and look at some of the bracelets made for other swaps.
The "Rules of Charming"
For Online Swaps and Charm Parties Both!
- Try to keep your charms 1" in size and under.
- The bracelet I will be sending in your kit will be silver-tone, so you will want to use silver-tone loops and rings on your creations.
- Charms may be made of metal, polymer clay, wood (if it is sealed), fused glass, plastic, or beads.
- Avoid making or using anything very breakable or sharp edges. Remember, it's going on a wrist!
- If you put jump rings or split rings on your charms, that would make things easier for your swap friends (and you) when they get their kits.
- Lastly, package your charms safely (bubble wrap) and mail them off. Don't worry about wrapping each charm in a fancy little box... the "kit" will be some sort of bubble mailer to keep things safe, so it would be best to put your charms into tiny ziploc bags or cello bags, something like that.
And just a little hint, hint... holiday earrings make fantastic charms! Plus, you get two for the price of one! Sometimes they just have to be taken off the earring finding and put on a split ring. You might want to jazz them up with a rhinestone or some paint, but how easy is that??
Your set of twelve charms must be mailed to me by Monday, September 21st. That gives you three weeks to create your charms. I will send out an email with my shipping address and some instructions.
Lastly, friends: swaps only work out if everyone keeps up their end of the bargain. I'll make sure you get your kits in time to assemble and wear for Halloween, but goodness gracious, that's counting on everyone sending me their charms on time.
Have fun... and happy charming to you! You can grab a button from my sidebar to display on your blog if you like.
I am now opening this post to comments. If you belong to this swap, leave a comment with a link to your blog if you have one. That way, we can all get to know each other... it makes swapping infinitely more fun!